- 4 large red bell peppers
- ½ small red onion, minced
- ½ pound ground beef
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut tops off of bell peppers, then scrape out seeds and white pith. Save the pepper tops.
- In mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Divide beef mixture into each pepper, stuff, then place tops of peppers back on.
- Make sure peppers are on a baking sheet or oven-safe skillet, then bake until meat is cooked and peppers are soft and starting to shrivel, about 40-45 minutes.
The best thing about this recipe is how easy it was! It was so quick and easy and overall, it’s a good recipe. I do not care for black olives so I opted out of using those, and I thought about adding bacon but honestly was too lazy for the extra step. For next time, I would add more feta, maybe some garlic, and more onion. I didn’t actually measure the onion so I don’t think I used enough. This was a good start to a stuffed pepper but it was a little lackluster, maybe the olives would add something special to it. Good luck, see what you can do to make this stuffed pepper unique!