Recipe courtesy of Tasty via Facebook.com.
- 3 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp shredded cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Use a jar or cookie cutter to cut circles into each piece of bread—depending on your bread you could squeeze 2 circles per slice.
- Place bread circles in muffin tin cups.
- Wrap a piece of cooked bacon along the edge of each muffin cup. Make sure bacon is JUST cooked and still warm so it doesn’t break or crumble.
- Sprinkle cheese into each cup, then top with an egg.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired, then bake for 15 minutes, or longer for firmer yolk.
This was my first time making these, so I was very excited for the outcome. They were extremely quick and easy and make the perfect breakfast in a quick pinch. Every bite was perfect! There was just the right amount of everything; all ingredients were proportionate to each other. I sprayed the muffin pan with Pam first. I’m not even sure how much cheese I used, I just eyeballed it; I feel as though you really can’t go wrong with too much cheese. I cooked the eggs a bit longer than 15 minutes, probably closer to 20 and I was pleased with the outcome. I had a little bit of “dippy” at the top of the egg, and closer to the bottom the yolk was more firm so it was easy to eat and not a goopy mess. Next time I would like to use a smaller egg and more cheese. Good luck and enjoy!