- 4 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ C. all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 C. chicken broth
- 2 whole lemons
- ¾ C. heavy cream
- ¼ C. capers
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Heat two tablespoons butter and two tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts and dredge in flour. Cook chicken breasts for about three minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium low. Add broth, lemon juice, heavy cream and capers. Bring the sauce to a boil and then return to medium low heat. Test sauce, season with salt and pepper as needed. Allow sauce to cook and bubble for about three minutes.
- Serve chicken over cooked pasta and spoon sauce over both. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
I discovered this recipe on Pinterest and am so thankful that I came across it. It was so quick and easy, perfect for a weeknight dinner when you’re in a hurry. I skipped the capers when making this and it was still delicious. The creamy lemon sauce really made the dish; despite the heavy cream, it tasted very light and delicate paired with the angel hair pasta. I can’t wait to make this dinner again and my family can’t wait to eat it again!