Recipe from Delish.com
- 15 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 c. Ricotta cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- ¾ c. olive oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
- ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large pot, boil water and cook shells until al dente.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, half the sun-dried tomatoes, and basil.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chicken broth, heavy cream, and remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, cook for five minutes.
- Pour almost all the sauce into a baking dish. Spoon ricotta filling into shells and then add to the pan. Spoon over remaining sauce.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 15 to 20 minutes.
These stuffed shells are so easy and so delicious! Without realizing it I bought canned bruschetta from Weis (pictured right) instead of regular sun-dried tomatoes. This was a happy accident and the end product was amazing. I used a little less than ¾ cup since it was such a concentrated mixture already. I also used a little extra heavy cream for my sauce and added some flour to make it a bit thicker. I wouldn’t have minded some chicken in there, maybe some spinach too. My picture isn’t very pretty but they certainly tasted up to par, I hope you’re as pleased with them as I was!