- 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 package (0.87 oz.) chicken gravy mix
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 12 oz. frozen mixed veggies
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix cream, flour, gravy mix, poultry seasoning and ½ tsp salt. Pour over chicken in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add frozen veggies after around 7.5 hours and continue cooking.
- After 8 hours, stir around and break up chicken pieces.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove slow cooker insert.
- Open biscuits and lay them across the top, covering the chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered until biscuits are browned, about 35 minutes.
This dinner was so good! This is everything I look for in a chicken pot pie. The flavor was wonderful. I did tweak the recipe a little; I added some onion powder to the crockpot. The original recipe instructed to cook the frozen veggies in the microwave and then add it to the crockpot at the last minute. I thought that seemed silly and just added the frozen veggies right in and it came out fine. The original recipe also called for chicken thighs, but I changed it to chicken breasts, so either would work. I hope you enjoy this twist on a classic dish!