Serving Size: 1 Quiche Cup
Total Fat: 0.1 g
Sodium: 17.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 1.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
Sugars: 0.4 g
Protein: 0.9 g
- ¾ cup pasteurized liquid egg whites or egg white substitute or egg substitute
- One 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- ¾ cup shredded reduced fat cheese
- ¼ cup diced red and/or green peppers
- ¼ cup diced onion
- Tabasco or hot sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups
- Spray cups with cooking spray
- Thaw and drain spinach, wring out well by hand.
- Mix spinach, egg whites or substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and hot sauce in bowl.
- Fill the foil cups with mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from cups to serve.
I was a little hesitant to try these at first, but don’t worry, they are as delicious as they are healthy. I usually double the recipe right away because it really does not make much. I like to stick to cheddar for the cheese and am very generous with the amount I put in—is there such a thing as too much cheese? I would highly suggest putting a slice of the quiche and a slice of cheese on an english muffin to enjoy. They make amazing breakfast sandwiches. Good luck and enjoy!